I know being a Scrooge about Christmas went out of fashion in 1843 but I'm really not a massive fan of the most wonderful time of the year. It probably doesn't help that I'm starting work on Friday, so all I can think about is that right now, nor that I spent two and a half years as a shop assistant with all the seasonal woes that entails (crazy last minute shoppers, late night opening, tons of not totally welcome over time, endless Christmas music being piped all round the shop...)
Before I get too bah-humbug about the whole thing though (I promise I'm not totally miserable!) here are the things I don't hate about Christmas.
1. Mince pies and mulled wine
2. Giving someone a present you know they're going to love
3. Love Actually (can't help it, I have a terrible life long crush on Hugh Grant)
4. Knowing that when it's over you still have New Years' celebrations to look forward to
5. Making fantastic fantasy Christmas lists
6. Christmas TV Specials (Dr Who and Wallace and Gromit being the highlight of the day)
7. Recieving something you really wanted but would never have bought yourself
8. That feeling on the last day before the holidays when you don't get any work done at all and you don't care!
9. Recieving cards and packages in the post
10. The fact that everyone is more generous and kind over Christmas
11. Christmas shop window displays
12. Fairy lights
And a few things I'm not so keen on...
1. Recieving presents you know are going straight to the Charity Shop the day after Boxing Day
2. Christmas music (urgh!)
3. Giving gifts you know aren't great, but you feel you have to give as you don't want to not give anything
4. Being constantly told that you must have fun and enjoy yourself
5. If you're having a bad time already then somehow christmas always makes it worse
Do you celebrate Christmas? Are you a Christmas Fairy or a Bah Humbug?!