I mentioned the other week that I had bought this beautiful liberty print makeup bag and I thought I'd show you what was inside it. Before this my makeup was just rolling about in the bottom of my handbag, which just meant everything got really messy, so it was definitely needed. The downside is that now I have a makeup bag I tend to just check things in it, and the weight of my handbag has approximately doubled!
Here's what I carry around with me:
1. Two mac lipsticks in Velvet Teddy and Modesty. They look almost identical in this photo, and I'll be honest - they probably are! I went through a bit of an obsession with pale pinky-brown lipsticks. Modesty is a creamsheen lipstick though, and Velvet Teddy is a matte one.
2. Essie nail polish in Merino Cool and Barry M clear polish. These are left over from when I went to my parents' house to do some laundry and painted my nails at the same time. (This was a mistake - it is very hard to do the washing with wet nails. I do not advise it, unless your plan is actually to persuade someone else to do the washing in which case it's worth a try!)They're a bit heavy so I probably should take them out of my bag!
3. L'Oreal Paris false lash telescopic in Magnetic Black. I got this mascara on a 3 for 2 in superdrug as I needed a new one. I'm not very loyal to mascaras, I tend to buy whatever's on offer. This is good but it's not a life changer.
4. Collection 2000 lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer in Fair. This however, has totally changed my world. It's a fantastic concealer, plus it is super cheap and comes in a good range of shades. I actually have two - one in my makeup bag and one on my dresser so I'm never without it!
5. Little Red Tin lipbalm. This was from Boots ages ago I think, as you can see by how much is used up and how worn the tin is. It's a perfectly good vaseline replacement, though I'm beginning to go off the tin-style pot as it wrecks my nails when I try to get into it.
6. Neom complete bliss moroccan blush rose hand cream. This is a lovely handcream. It was free with a magazine a while ago and it smells wonderful. It is very strong though, so if you don't like rose it is probably not for you. It's doing a good job of keeping my hands soft this winter too.
7. Other bits: broken comb which came out of a Christmas cracker (need to replace this!), kerby grips and a beaten up looking mirror from Muji.
What are your essentials for keeping in your handbag?