Now that I'm properly stuffed with pies and suitably doused in whiskey, it's time to do the now annual review of the year. See 2014 here.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Changed jobs (I've worked in my graduate job ever since I finished university), renovated my bathroom and joined a book club.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions last year were to take more photos, particularly with friends, to get back into an exercise routine, even if its just taking the stairs more at work, and to unsubscribe from the hundreds of mailing lists I am signed up to. I didn't do great on any of them tbh.
This year I am not really doing new years resolutions as I'm planning on doing a 30 before 30 later in the year (I'm 29 in March).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh my goodness babies all over the shop! And a fair few puppies too! This year I met baby Noah, baby Ciara and baby Molly, and more due in early 2016.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
India and the Netherlands.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More travel and it's time for project kitchen at last!
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm useless at remembering dates, but the 13th October was my last day at my old job, which was pretty momentous for me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably changing jobs. It's one of those things I'd been thinking about for ages, and it was way overdue but I finally got my arse into gear and did it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, the usual under the weather moments, but I even avoided Delhi Belly in India thanks to my iron constitution and not eating any fresh vegetables or drinks with ice in them!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I just recently got a new coat from Maje, greatly reduced, and I love it. Pics will come soon, although it's black with a white faux sheapskin collar, so I am not sure it will show up great on camera, but never mind!
12. Where did most of your money go?
The bathroom ate into most of our savings, which was the plan, but unforseen issues under the floorboards (someone had hacked away at the joists so they all needed replacing) meant we ended up at the top end of our budget. We still managed to save quite a bit though, so next year I am hoping we'll have a bit more cash to do some fun things.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a bath. It is everything I dreamed of and more.
14. What song will always remind you of 2015?
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
A lot happier
ii. thinner or fatter?
About the same
iii. richer or poorer?
A little richer.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd taken more photographs - I always say this, exercised more, and planned a few more excursions and day trips.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Biting my nails.
18. How (did) you spend Christmas?
With James' brother and his fiance. They are both great cooks and the food was epic.
19. Did you fall in love in 2015?
No - the second half of 2015 has been such a period of contentment though. I have just been so happy and contented with James and the kitties, I hate to gush but it's true.
20. What was your favourite TV program?
I don't watch much TV but I did get addicted to the Great Pottery Throwdown though. It really made me want to make pots!
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don't have much cause to hate thankfully. If I don't get on with someone I just try and stay away from them.
22. What was the best book you read?
I started instagramming my books to keep track of them this year which has been a lot of fun. My favourites were probably Wild by Cheryl Strayed and Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I mostly rediscovered old favourites (Stars, Barenaked Ladies, Little Jackie) but I recently became obsessed with Grimes.
24. What did you want and get?
A holiday abroad.
25. What was your favourite film of this year?
I didn't see many films at all this year. Controvertially I saw Star Wars on boxing day and didn't rate it much. Kingsman at the start of the year was probably the film I enjoyed the most.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 28 and it was pretty quiet. I got a lot of cards, Reda made me truffles, and James and I had an M&S dine in meal for two.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If the first half of the year had been as good as the second half.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
In 2014 I got a bit more grown up, but in 2015 I had a bit more fun. I moved to a job with a much more relaxed dresscode, so it meant away went the suits and I've been looking for ways to bring a bit more colour and personality into my wardrobe. I've mainly been about colourful midi skirts and bright scarves.
29. What kept you sane?
Good food and good company.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
Just do it - you probably won't regret it later.